Students were outraged last week when popular club night Pop Tarts sold each of their 1,799 tickets within just 10 minutes of going on sale.

The SU event, held on Saturday 5 February, was the first to take place after the exam period and as such was set to be the night of post-stress celebration for many students.

Andrew Zarahodny, third year English Literature student, said: “I’d been revising so much and for so long, I just had to get out and dance.

“I set an alarm to get tickets for Pop Tarts early on Sunday morning, but they had already sold out when I accessed the site at around 12:00pm. I was devastated.
“It was a really bad way to start 2017. How am I going to boogie down to Come on Eileen and the Frozen soundtrack now?”

It was later revealed that the Ents Department had allocated around 800 of the tickets to the Athletics team, as part of the BUCS event.
This meant many students were unable to procure tickets and were left disappointed and frustrated with both the Entertainments Department and Athletics team.

SU Sports Officer Emily Roche said teams and societies had not been made aware of booking restrictions or regulations, leading to many events tickets being reserved for societies and causing other students to miss out.

However measures have been taken to ensure that students are not disappointed again when it comes to SU events.

SU Development Officer Michael Kind told Forge Press: “The Ents Department have reviewed the TIA ticket system and will no longer allocate more than 250 tickets to any student group for a single Pop Tarts event and will always leave a minimum of 800 tickets for general sale. We’re sorry that this has caused upset and hope that the measures we have put in place to address this for the future are satisfactory.”