The University of Sheffield Student’s Union has been voted as the best university union in the UK for the ninth consecutive year.

The award-winning Students’ Union is top of the ‘Good Students’ Union’ category and has achieved an incredible 98 per cent overall student satisfaction rating in the 2017 Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey.

The Students’ Union also achieved the highest satisfaction rating among all institutions surveyed in both the International Student Barometer and Student Barometer with an overall student satisfaction rating of 98 per cent.

Sheffield scored 4.7 per cent higher than the participating Russell Group average in the Student Barometer and 3.6 per cent higher in the International Student Barometer.

The Student Barometer surveys compare the decision-making, expectations, perceptions and intentions of students from the stage of applying to graduation.

Students’ Union President Dom Trendall said: “This is a testament to the brilliant services and facilities available to students and all the dedicated staff, students and volunteers who work incredibly hard to create a truly inclusive community that Sheffield students love to be a part of.

“I’m proud to think that we offer one of the best university experiences that students will cherish for the rest of their lives.

“This again shows that Sheffield Students’ Union is doing a good job in providing services to our members, and representing their interests.

“In the context of the government’s assault on Higher Education and a cost of living crisis, having a strong Students’ Union to defend our members is more important than ever.”