Varsity is here, and this is a perfect time to let your Uni of colours show! Forge spoke to David Appiah this weekend about his ‘The One4teeN Collection: Season 1’ of caps he has been working on to celebrate varsity and show support for Uni of.

They are available on their website Caps by Dapps, which is an online youth retailer for clothing and headwear, supporting up and coming designers and businessmen and women.

What was the inspiration behind this collection?
With it being one of the best times of year at Uni again, with Varsity getting into full swing, ‘Season 1’ is all about us wanting everyone to back the Uni and show their colours as we look for another varsity win. The collection is named ‘The One4teeN Collection: Season 1’ with the tagline being ‘For Uni of, by Uni of.’. ‘The One4teen Collection’ as a whole is a multi-part collection celebrating the city of Sheffield. Its name is a reference to the ‘114’ in the city’s dial tone ‘0114’. It’s a Limited Edition collection of 2 main colourways of faux suede curved brim adjustable caps (Produced in Britain) with the front central logo paying homage to one of the University of Sheffield’s most iconic features, the Arts Tower. Each piece has a ‘S’ for the super city of Sheffield engraved on to the adjuster on the back.

How can people get their hands on these caps to show their support?
There are only 45 caps going on general sale on our website (www.capsbydapps.co.uk), so be quick to get your hands on them!

Why else should people support Caps by Dapps?
To celebrate the launch of the collection we’re running 2 competitions. One for a chance to win 2 Varsity final ROAR tickets, which you can enter by buying any product on our site between now and 11pm on Tuesday 28th March. We also have another competition to win a free bottle of vodka on the day of ROAR, which you can enter by simply liking our Facebook page and sharing the launch post.

As part of the collection, the team behind the collection did a photoshoot around Sheffield, with the photos taken by two Uni of photographers – Lewis Evans and James Reilly.

This collection is centred around supporting artists and the athletes during varisty – beautifully bringing together all Sheffield University has to offer.