Catch up with our pick of the very best acts at Tramlines 2017:

The Big Moon
Devonshire green, Sunday, 18:15
Indie music can be a tough scene for a band of four women to break into, so when a new all-female indie guitar band enters the scene, it is worth taking note. The Big Moon released their debut album Love in the 4th Dimension in April of this year, to positive reviews. Their music is full of energy and is reminiscent of Tramlines headliners The Libertines. A combination of infectious melodies and the soaring vocals of Juliette Jackson means The Big Moon is bound to take off, so grab this opportunity to catch them on the smaller Devonshire Green on Sunday afternoon.

Metronomy
Main stage, Sunday, 19:45
After years together, Metronomy first enjoyed real success in 2011 with the release of their Mercury Prize nominated album The English Riviera. Since 2011, Metronomy have stepped up as heavy-weights in the indie scene, releasing their most recent album Summer 08 last July. Perfectly merging soothing electronic beats with funk grooves, Metronomy provides the perfect soundtrack to an English summer day, the ideal act to spend your final Tramlines evening with.

All Saints
Devonshire Green, Sunday, 19:45
You may be surprised seeing this late-nineties/early-noughties girl group on the line-up, but never underestimate the enjoyment a little nostalgia can provide. Hitting the big time with their self-titled debut in 1997, All Saints were hugely successful, following the rise of other girl groups such as Spice Girls in the late nineties. With throwback sing along hits such as ‘Never Ever’ and ‘Pure Shores’, All Saints will be sure to give a good show when they play the Devonshire Green on Sunday night.

Lady Leshurr
Main stage, Sunday, 17:15
As a loud and proud Brummie myself, Birmingham grime queen Lady Leshurr is a particularly exciting act to catch at Tramlines. After storming Outlines festival earlier this year, Lady Leshurr is back to take on a bigger audience with her witty quips and sharp beats. Since she dropped her Queen Speech EP in 2015, she has gained quite an online following, with ‘Queen Speech 4’ gaining over 43 million views on YouTube. Be ready for an energetic show with surprises at every corner.

Spring King
Devonshire Green, Saturday, 18:00
With the release of their critically acclaimed debut Tell Me If You Like To in 2016, Spring King prove that guitar music can still be exciting and fresh. In 2015, their track ‘City’ was the first song played by Zane Lowe on Beats 1. If there is someone who knows something about fresh new music, it is Zane Lowe, so this is a fact worth taking note of. Charging guitars and big choruses dominate their album and will be sure to an excite the Tramlines audience when they take to the stage at Devonshire Green on Saturday evening.

The Libertines
Main Stage, Friday, 20:45
This is the big one. They have headlined Reading and Leeds Festival before, and now The Libertines are performing in our very own Sheffield. After their success in the early 2000’s with albums Up The Bracket (2002) and The Libertines (2004), The Libertines dismantled as the larger-than-life frontman, Pete Doherty, became notorious for his heroin and crack cocaine addiction. After a successful stint in rehab, The Libertines reformed in 2015 and released Anthems For Doomed Youth. The band epitomise the revival of garage rock and will be sure to throw a head-banging, thrashing set.

Primal Scream
Main Stage, Saturday, 20:45
Get your rocks on for Primal Scream, the band which combines an eclectic mixture of acid house, pop and rock. The band coincided with the likes of The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays in the early 90’s and after locking themselves in a recording studio with an endless supply of drugs, they produced the ground-breaking album Screamadelica (1991). Tracks like ‘Movin’ On Up’, ‘Loaded’ and ‘Come Together’ are the perfect feel-good festival tunes to get Tramlines grooving.

Loyle Carner
Main Stage, Sunday, 16:45
Creating a new wave in alternative Hip Hop, South London’s Loyle Carner is bursting through the scene at the moment and is proving to be a huge prospect for the future. After the massive initial success from his singles ‘Tierney Terrace’ and ‘Florence’, he released his critically acclaimed album Yesterday’s Gone in January this year which was described by the Guardian as a ‘startling debut’. Sometimes sombre, sometimes upbeat, Carner’s lyrics have an astonishingly truthful depth to them. Seeing Loyle Carner at Tramlines is seeing the future of Hip Hop.

The Pharcyde
Devonshire Green, Sunday 19:15
Loyle Carner may provide the future of rap, but The Pharcyde provide an old-school Hip Hop throwback. The influential quartet boast one of the most praised hip hop albums of the 1990s, the certified Gold Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde. Having toured with A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul and rapping on Gorillaz’ ‘Dirty Harry’, The Pharycde will provide a masterclass in old skool flow.

Faithless – After Party
Octagon, Friday, 22:00
When the (fingers crossed) sun goes down in Sheffield and the day-time Tramlines comes to an end, there is only one place you want to be for the Tramlines After Party. 90s rave royalty Faithless are best known for their monumental club floor filler ‘Insomnia’ – in my opinion, the best dance song ever made. They also possess a catalogue of huge dance hits such as ‘God is a DJ’, ‘We Come 1’ and ‘Mass Destruction’. Faithless are sure to get Tramlines raving.

Alex Cooper, DJ at the Leadmill gives us his take on Sheffield’s answer to Glastonbury:

“Tramlines is without question my favourite weekend of the year – as a native Sheffielder, and someone who is fortunate enough to be playing a part in the festival, I can’t wait to get stuck into this year’s Tramlines.

The line-up for Tramlines this year is in my opinion the strongest it’s ever been in its history; and with acts like The Libertines, Primal Scream, Metronomy, All Saints and Toots & The Maytals, it is incredible value for money, especially compared to other major music festivals. I love that Tramlines has such a diverse line-up of different music genres – everyone is catered for.

I think one of the things that makes Tramlines so unique is the fact it is an inner city music festival. Sheffield springs into full-on party mode, the whole city comes to life, and the music community in Sheffield really pulls together to make something truly special.

The fact Tramlines is so accessible to all music lovers, including those who may be unable, can’t afford to, or are just simply put-off by spending a whole weekend in a wet muddy field is particularly important. It provides our local, home-grown talent exposure to an audience they would never normally get, whether it be local acts like Liberty Ship or Alvarez Kings playing the main stages, or the incredible line ups put together for the fringe venues, in places like The Washington, Maida Vale, Frog & Parrot, Green Room, Crystal, The Royal Standard et al.

I think the only down side to Tramlines is there’s too much incredible stuff going on in one weekend, and it’s impossible to do it all.”

Alex Cooper, Leadmill DJ playing Tramlines before Libertines