Sport Sheffield has teamed up with Hello Student to support the new Football, Futsal & Netball Development Groups over the 2017/18 academic year.

All three sports ticked the participation boxes, which includes performance recognition, club status, intra mural activity, social sport activity, workforce delivery and volunteering support.

The groups meet once a month to discuss how they can work collectively to support each other in all areas which save time, resource & more importantly improving communication and relationships.

Hello Student will provide these groups with financial assistance to deliver set objectives.

Greg Unwin, Sport Development Officer at the University of Sheffield, said: “The support that Hello Student has provided us will make a huge difference to what the groups will be able to deliver.

“One key objective of the group is to provide sport & physical activity to the local community mainly aimed at children so they can get an opportunity to come along to regular sessions at Sport Sheffield.

“We are looking to upskill out students to enable them to deliver the sessions themselves, giving them the skills, knowledge & experience to enhance their CV. Not only that but we hope that if they then graduate they will give back to the local community wherever they re-locate.

“The students & staff really want to make a difference, and they are passionate about sport. We already have an FA Level One Course & Netball High 5’s booked.

“Hello Student Accommodation Manager, Della Allum, has been the driving force behind this partnership and it is brilliant to see that Della and Hello Student understand the importance of supporting projects like this.”