The University of Sheffield Netball Women’s 2s beat Sheffield Hallam 2s 56-30 in an intense game with the Uni eventually clinching the win.

The first quarter of the game was intense with both teams scoring after one another. Sheffield played a remarkable first quarter with strong attack and defense and eventually went into the break with a 14-6 lead.

Sheffield showcased impressive team play in the second quarter of the match with ball passes that Hallam struggled to defend. The Black and Gold’s defense and attack proved strong enough to sustain the lead of 31-17.

In the third quarter of the game, Sheffield maintained their magnificent momentum and widened the gap, ending the period with a 40-23 lead, putting Hallam in a difficult spot right before the break.

Sheffield displayed spectacular dynamic teamwork and gameplay with accurate passing, surging ahead of Hallam with a 44 -24 lead in the first few minutes of the last quarter. Hallam showcased commendable sportsmanship and continued to aggressively attack in the last few minutes of the final quarter in an attempt to close the gap between them.

Sheffield secured the win against Hallam after the final whistle blew with a comfortable score-line of 56-30 which is an incredible start to the season.

Sheffield 2s Captain Chantal Rees said: “I think considering that it was the first ever game we played together as a team, we worked really well and we were really smooth.

“There was some incredible shooting considering it was the first game back and everyone played so well. I’m very impressed.”

1 COMMENT