Sheffield women’s Lacrosse 1s have comfortably beaten Hallam 23-5.

Sheffield started nervously, going 1-3 down after the first 10 minutes, although the score was 2-4 soon after thanks to a lucky rebound off a Hallam attacker’s foot.

Sheffield replied quickly, with two goals in quick succession and the equaliser coming from Anne Marie du Preez. 

Sheffield took the lead with goals from Holly Knowles and Louise Litton.

After the time-out midway through the first-half the tide had definitely turned, with Sheffield sitting on a healthy 9-4 lead.

Soon after the restart a yellow card was issued for Hallam after a second dangerous check and Sheffield were quick to make the most of the player advantage, making the score 13-4. 

After a failed Hallam attack Jess Shaw profited from a counterattack, scoring one of her many goals of the game.

Then a fluke goal by Katherine Roberts followed as her pass evaded everyone including the goalkeeper, making it 14-4.

Hallam scored their one goal of the second half but it didn’t trouble Sheffield as they kept scoring every few minutes. 

Sheffield captain Ellie Durband said: “The whole team together played as a unit. 

“Every person on the pitch was utilised to the best of their ability and this resulted in the great win.”

Man of the Match went to Jess Shaw and Ellie Durband for their efforts in attack and defence respectively.