Uni of Sheffield Lacrosse Men’s 2s continued their perfect start with a 12-9 win over Uni of Chester Men’s 1s.

The win made it three wins out of three in Northern 3A for the team as they push for promotion this season.

The first quarter started with captain Ben McKeller scoring the first two goals of the game before Chester pulled one back.

The teams went into half-time with it being 5-2 for the Black and Golds as they dominated the first half with one from Alex Williams and two from Johnny Siney, who was dangerous in the game after netting five goals.

McKeller added to his tally when he scored on the stroke of the end of third quarter to make it 9-4, while keeper Alistair Geddes made some key saves that kept Chester from levelling.

While Sheffield dominated the opening of the last quarter, the final few minutes were nervy as Chester pushed to equalise but Sheffield held on to end the game 12-9.

McKeller, captain and scorer of five goals, said: “It was a good performance from the lads. We have worked hard the last few weeks and it’s great we managed to get a win against a first team, who was in the season above last season, despite us only being a second team.

“There were a few freshers in the side today and they are putting their heart and soul out on the pitch so credit to them.

“All the lads want promotion this season and with six or seven games coming up we hopefully can go undefeated.”

Sheffield’s next game is a tough home fixture against Uni of Central Lancashire Men’s 1s, who are also unbeaten this season.