Tramlines have confirmed that the festival’s 10th anniversary will be held at Hillsborough Park, despite doubts after a noise objection.

The move has been confirmed ahead of a sub-committee hearing, scheduled for Thursday 7 December.

There had been doubts over the festival’s move after an objection was put forward by Environmental Health, based on noise pollution.

Another objection, from a local resident, was dropped after the music curfews were confirmed as being 10pm on Friday and Saturday, and 9pm on Sunday.

Festival director Sarah McNulty told RMC Media: “I’m delighted that our license for Hillsborough Park has been approved. We can now put our plans into practice as we celebrate the 10th anniversary with the biggest and best Tramlines to date.

“The first line-up announcement will be early next year so please keep an eye on our website and social media channels.”

The move has not been welcomed by all, however, with many of the festival’s regular attendees complaining that the move will ruin its traditional ‘city centre’ atmosphere.

McNulty continued: “We are working closely with Sheffield city council on the city centre proposition to ensure that it remains a core part of the weekend and more information on those plans will be released in the New Year.”

The festival will take place between Friday 20 July and Sunday 22 July 2018.