Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds have been announced as one of the headliners of Tramlines 2018, amongst a host of other acts.

Also named in the first announcement of artists and bands appearing at this year’s edition of the festival are Stereophonics, Craig David, Sheffield band Reverend and the Makers, Jake Bugg and more.

The organisers are promising that this year’s festival, the tenth anniversary, will be bigger and better than ever before.

Festival director Sarah Nulty said before the announcement: “We really wanted to do something different for the tenth anniversary and moving to a bigger park means we can include lots of extra interesting elements and deliver more than just music – although saying that, we’re going bigger than we ever have before with the lineup.

Tramlines 2017

“We always wanted to be a city-wide festival and this just extends the footprint that little bit further.

“We’re really proud of what we’re delivering for the tenth year and can’t wait to unveil it completely.”

The festival is being united at one site in Hillsborough Park, whereas in previous years it has been spread around the city. It is licensed for up to 40,000 people.

This year also sees two new stages, a Leadmill stage curated by the iconic Sheffield nightclub and John McClure of Reverend and the Makers, and a Library stage with new music.

The ‘Into The Trees’ area, which was launched in Ponderosa at last year’s festival, is to be expanded, to offer more family friendly entertainment during the day and party DJs from 7PM. Other bands lined up to appear at the festival in July include Blossoms, Jake Bugg, De La Soul, The Magic Gang and more.

Although the festival has for the first time moved out of the city centre, the organisers are emphasising that it is still very accessible for visitors, saying it is less than quarter of an hour on the tram from the centre of Sheffield.

Tickets are already on their fifth release, at £69 for a weekend ticket covering three days.