Welcome back to your daily dose of the election news, during the Officer Elections at Sheffield Students’ Union.

Candidates continue to clash

Following on from their recent “best worst candidate” argument on Twitter, Presidential candidate Elliott O’Rourke and Welfare candidate Cian O’Herily continued to argue in response to Forge News’ round-up yesterday.

We claimed they were jokingly accusing each other of being the best worst candidate in this year’s election. They denied this and we apologise for our error. It is clear they were instead jesting.

Roundtable loses its way

Yesterday saw the Forge Radio roundtable for the Presidential candidates, where the six people running were given the opportunity to win some votes on air.

However, it only started off with five, as reports say Andrew Baker “got lost” on his way to the Media Hub.

Presenter Oli Baseley managed to rule out his appearance by saying “Andrew Baker decided not to appear on this roundtable” – before Baker immediately walked in. Well-oiled machine all round.

Women’s Mini-Bust-up

During the Forge Radio Women’s Officer roundtable, we found out that while they all agree on the importance of safety on campus, only one of three of them could honestly admit to ever using the Women’s Safety Bus.

The Tab get in on the action

Even The Tab are aware elections are going on, and they’ve been getting in on the act with memes.

They’ve drawn attention to Kerry Miller, candidate for President, saying her Twitter banner looks similar to Kieran Maxwell’s from last year.

Kerry said: “The Tab have chosen the most similar part of my campaign to compare to Kieran’s for a cheap joke.

“If you want to see the rest of my campaign and how dissimilar it is you can look at my Facebook and Twitter pages.”

Handy day for Andy

Last but not least SU Development Officer candidate Andrew Tyler has had a good day, as his posters have finally arrived and he’s been able to put them up around the Students’ Union after all.