The Students’ Union has been crowned the best SU in the country for the tenth year running.

Students voted the SU the best in the country in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018. They also voted it the fifth-best nationally for student experience overall.

SU President Kieran Maxwell said: “I’m absolutely elated that Sheffield Students’ Union has been ranked as the best Students’ Union in the UK for the tenth year running. This recognition is a testament to our diverse opportunities, fantastic facilities and how effectively we represent students’ interests.

“The Students’ Union is at the very heart of student life in Sheffield, and it has been a massive part of mine for the past four years. I’m incredibly proud to be President when the Students’ Union has reached this impressive, milestone achievement.”

READ MORE:

The University has also been voted third-best for Good Social Life and Good Societies, as well as top 10 for Good Facilities.

Professor Wyn Morgan, Vice-President for Education at the University of Sheffield, said: “We would like to warmly congratulate the Students’ Union at Sheffield for a decade of outstanding support for students from around the world and for the fantastic work they do in our community through volunteering and fundraising for local charities.

“We are also delighted that the University has once again received recognition for its exceptional student experience.