Over 150 new artists have recently joined the bill for this year’s Sound City joining headliners DMA’s and Peace in Liverpool’s infamous Baltic Triangle. New artists include psychedelic soul band King Khan and The Shrines, Scouse pop trio Stealing Sheep, and rising R’n’B star Tom Tripp, amongst a sea of others including Jordan Allen, Teischa, 77:78, Fang Club, Nathan Ball and Artificial Pleasures.

The esteemed Sound City is set to kick-start festival season this May Day Bank Holiday Weekend, returning to its roots in the city centre. The award-winning festival will be set across 20 venues in the spectacular Baltic Triangle – one of the most creatively praised locations in the UK.

With tonnes of both well-known and emerging talent ready to take centre stage, there truly is something for everyone at Sound City this year.

International artists joining the bill include Trupa Trupa, Mart Avi, Venus Tropicaux, Olympia, The Paparrazi City, Zhaoze and Far From Alaska. Expect an even greater variety of acts across the weekend too, as the wider arts programme boasts a whole load of creative brilliance, from opera to the counterculture.

There’s plenty of night time action in the works too and if all that wasn’t enough, Greg Wilson will be hosting the official closing party to help with those festival blues and send everyone off in the best of style. Liverpool Sound City takes place on the 5th and 6th of May – we know where we’re going to be.