Bigger than ever and ready to set the city alight with music, the tenth annual edition of Tramlines music festival springs into action this weekend.

Moving from its traditional inner-city locations, this year’s landmark festival, beginning on Friday 20 July, will take over Hillsborough Park which can hold up to 40,000 people.

Tramlines was originally free to attend and was hosted in various venues across the city centre. Its first festival in 2009 attracted over 35,000 fans to locations including Devonshire Green.

Tramlines first began to charge entry in 2013, at a cost of £6 per day, and this year’s festival is currently on sale at £79 for a weekend ticket.

Boasting headliners such as Stereophonics, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds and Craig David, Tramlines organisers say that the move to Hillsborough Park will give them the ability to “pull out all the stops” for the festival’s tenth birthday.

The second stage, appropriately named T’Other Stage in the spirit of local Yorkshire slang, sees acts Clean Bandit, Jake Bugg and Pale Waves as headliners while The Leadmill Live stage promises the varied sounds of Mystery Jets, RatBoy and Tom Grennan.

The anniversary festival also features two new stages at Hillsborough, the ‘Into The Woods’ stage for family style activities and DJ sets as well as ‘The Library’ stage showcasing new music.

Talking to Forge Press, resident Leadmill DJ and Sheffield music man Alex Cooper, who has attended Tramlines every year since its inception, said the up-scale would be “difficult” but “positive”.

“The whole city goes into party mode for the weekend, and there’s a real buzz in the air,” he added.

“If you don’t innovate and strive to make yourself better each year, people will lose interest if you stand in the same place for too long”.

The Sherlocks, also Sheffield natives, told Forge Press it is “awesome” to be playing a festival in their hometown.

“We have our biggest headline shows in Sheffield and they always go off, so we can’t wait to smash it,” frontman Kiaran Crook said.

Keep up to date with Forge Press’s Tramlines content throughout the weekend at @ForgePress on Twitter and Instagram, and at facebook.com/ForgePress.