Freshers’ Week Pop Tarts has completely sold out in just four hours, with 1,500 tickets sold or processed in the first 60 minutes.

Organisers hailed it as “definitely one of the best ever”, if not a record, after tickets for the returning legendary Students’ Union night out on Saturday 22 September flew off the shelves when released online last Thursday.

Tickets went on sale on the SU website at 10am and by 2pm that afternoon all 1,800 had gone.

Forge Press has exclusively been told by Pop Tarts that new cocktails, more collaborations with societies, and “exciting extra surprises” can all be expected when the infamous weekly dosage of nostalgic pop hits returns.

‘Blown away’

Pop Tarts told Forge they were “blown away” by the reaction and “can’t wait” to get the party re-started.

Picture: Pop Tarts Facebook

“We are once again blown away by how quickly Pop Tarts has sold out for 2018/19 in just a matter of hours and can’t wait to reopen our doors knowing that everybody was keen enough to buy a ticket over a month in advance,” a spokesperson said.

More than 1,000 tickets have also been sold for the first Pop Tarts of semester one on September 15, with organisers expecting a sell-out soon.

Back when only athletics was invited

The post-exam party in February 2017 saw the athletics team and SU Entertainment Department come under fire for block-booking around 800 tickets after the BUCS event, meaning all 1,800 sold out within 10 minutes.

At the time SU Sports Officer Emily Roche said teams and societies were unaware of booking restrictions or regulations, leaving students ‘devastated’.

Picture: Pop Tarts Facebook

The Pop Tarts Club will also be back for the opening Freshers’ Week event, where the most loyal revellers can win exclusive deals and perks for their dedication.

Those unlucky enough to miss out on tickets could worm their way in through the 100 tickets at Bar One on both evenings, or wait in the 1-in-1-out queue.

Pop Tarts added: “As always our first two parties are focused on introducing or reintroducing new and returning students to what we’re really all about: non-stop retro pop!”