If you haven’t been to Night Kitchen yet what are you doing with your life? Get your funkiest garms on and grab an Adidas jacket, because you’re about to embark on one of the maddest nights out of your life.

As soon as you climb down the steep narrow staircase into the underground basement, converted into an intimate dance floor, your ears are sweetly greeted by the freshest tunes.  According to Resident Advisor, Art House was developed by Artwork from a modest rave in a stranger’s front room and has become one of the craziest nights out in the UK. DJing from London to Ibiza, Artwork is known as a dubstep champion, talented at spinning a cocktail of house and disco music, as well as a few surprises for those fun, unexpected breaks in between.

As said by the man himself, “If you are only going to have one guest DJ… make sure it’s the best f****** DJ in the world”. That’s a bold statement, especially coming from a genius of the genre.

Night Kitchen itself is an extremely well-designed rave spot. Low ceilings, a wide concrete dance-floor interspersed with tall columns, shabby-chic exposed brick walls and an upstairs room complete with comfy sofas for those deep night out chats. The décor was well-suited to the psychedelic tunes. Just dark enough, with a multitude of floating disco lights at the front, it felt like you were swimming in the most colourful galaxy in the universe. With cheap drinks, a handy cloakroom, and of course, far from expensive tickets (early release tickets were only £5), Night Kitchen is a night that you certainly don’t want to miss while in Sheffield.

Go alone, go with your friends, it really doesn’t matter – the crowd that gathers at Night Kitchen is one of the best. You’ll be sure to meet many kind and intriguing individuals. It feels like one big house party, and soon you’ll be hugging strangers left, right and centre, exchanging your phone numbers and begging for a cheeky picture or two with everybody. It honestly feels like you’ve known these people your whole life.

So  grab your tickets early because Night Kitchen will definitely sell out fast. The next event is on the 19th October; Punks Music Warehouse Party with Stanton Warriors and Benton (Swamp81). Don’t be left out or else you will regret it.

Image: Artwork