Anyone else getting sick (pun intended) of the constant coughs and sniffles when you’re trying listen to in your lectures? If your answer is a nod of the head then make sure you take note of the following tips so that you won’t be needing those tissues everywhere you go. It’s hard to get sympathy for our headaches when away from home…

VITAMINS

We hear it everywhere that all these vitamins and minerals are vital for maintaining good health, but the talk is true. All supermarkets have A-Z multivitamins, containing enough to see you through for a few months. It’s worth the few spare quid you might have at the end of the week – especially from all the nights out.

SWEATING

It’s not pretty but it’s good. Whether it be a jog, gym session or even a visit to a sauna, releasing the toxins in your body will keep the infections away.

KEEP THE PAWS CLEAN

It’s difficult to keep track of everything we touch throughout the day, but just keeping a little hand sanitiser with you to use every now and then is always beneficial. Hand shaking is the easiest way of germs being carried, as well as nail biting.

SIESTA

Balancing sleeping with workloads on top of a social life sounds like a futile juggling act, however the 7-8 hours sleep a night is needed to allow your body to recuperate from all the work. It’s inevitably not going to happen as often as we try, so having a catnap in the afternoon will work wonders.

ALL THE MORE REASON TO QUIT

Smoking exposes you to the risk of getting infections as it creates abnormalities with your respiratory system, then creeps over to your immune system. Use that, and the fact it’s so expensive, as some incentives to quit.

GIVE YOUR PHONE A RINSE

Grab an antibacterial wipe, and give your phone a good scrub. It goes everywhere with you, so whenever you shower give it one too.

EAT GOOD

Protein is your best mate as without it our immune systems are weakened, especially with the run up to winter. Stock up on eggs, fish and yoghurts and you should be feeling fab.

Illustration by Kassy via SketchPort