Balti King’s curry got a little too hot last night as fire crews rushed to extinguish a chip pan fire.

The surrounding area in Broomhill was cordoned off around 5pm as three fire engines attended on blue lights to the infamous end-of-the-night Indian restaurant.

South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue service confirmed to Forge Press that a chip pan/wok caused the fire, and has been classed as ‘accidental’.

Our reporter witnessed a lone pan outside Balti King on the pavement, and a Cadent gas engineer also visited after the fire service left.

Fire engines were pictured at the scene last night. Picture: Ewan Somerville

A favourite among Uni of Sheffield students, Balti King is famed for seeing drunken students dine in for a 4am sit down meal after nights out.

But it turns out local people also populate the one-of-a-kind Indian, with customers seen dining at 5pm when the incident occured.

Picture: Ewan Somerville

Three fire crews, two from Central Fire Station and one from Elm Lane station, attended the scene last night.

One individual even reported the restaurant continuing to serve customers throughout the ordeal.

@ewansomerville

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here