The President of the University of Sheffield Geography Society has tonight appeared on a Channel 4 News special hosted by Jon Snow.

Third-year Jake Verity appeared on the special called #BrexitInbetweeners, which aimed to find out how those 18-20 year olds who were too young to vote in the referendum feel about Brexit now.

A total of 30 young people appeared in the live audience alongside a mixed panel of campaigners, which included Hugh Bennett, news editor at right-wing site Guido Fawkes, as well as Femi Oluwole, chief spokesperson for campaign group ‘Our Future Our Choice’.

The audience discussed Theresa May’s Brexit deal, a No Deal Brexit as well as the option of a second referendum, with the audience overwhelmingly in favour of a second referendum, supported by ‘Our Future Our Choice’, after Jon Snow asked for a show of hands on each of the options.

Verity, who was 17 at the time of the referendum, also backs a second vote, in which he would vote to remain in the EU, though he has no affiliation with any political party.

Speaking on the show he said: “No deal is no good for anybody. This is why we should have a people’s vote.”

Talking to Forge Press just after the live broadcast, he said: “Going on the show I wanted to put the University of Sheffield on the map. I care about our future and I believe that we should stand up for what we believe in.

“Ultimately I believe Brexit will not be good for the University or the country, and I care about the rights of our domestic and international students and the country as a whole.”