Students have the power to make their favourite food and drinks in Bar One cheaper, simply by voting in this year’s Students’ Union Officer Elections.

The news comes after an announcement by Students’ Union President Jake Verity, who said it was part of a drive to top 10,000 total votes in this year’s elections for a new sabbatical officer team.

For every 1,000 total votes over 3,000 during the three-day voting period, the SU will knock 10p off the 20 most popular items on the Bar One menu. This includes pints of Amstel and Strongbow Dark Fruit, as well as non-alcoholic options, and the food options are just as wide-ranging, with everything from the California Vegan Burger, Bar One Chicken Burger and Pancakes set to see a price drop.

If the 10,000 vote target is hit, that could see as much as 80p off some of Bar One’s most popular options.

The items which you can get a discount on, just by voting this week. (Image: Sheffield Students’ Union)

Jake said: “This year we wanted to set a historic and ambitious target of getting 10,000 votes in this year’s Officer Elections. As part of the biggest time of the year, we thought our Students’ Union should give something back – which is exactly why we’re going to be dropping the prices of your Bar One favourites.

“So you know what to do, get out and vote.”

Voting in this year’s Officer Elections opens at 10.00am on Monday 9 March, and continues until 5.00pm on Wednesday 11 March, with the winners announced the next day.

There are 27 candidates for the eight elected Officer positions, and you can follow all the coverage of the Elections on forgetoday.com/elections, right up until Results Night.