Leeds Festival, 28 August – 30 August

I don’t think a line up has ever excited me as much as the line up for Leeds Festival 2020. I doubt there’s a better Indie line up anywhere in the world this year. Tom Grennan and Courteeners will kick things off on the Friday. Indie Titan and ex-Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher will close the show on Sunday evening, after being warmed up by the biggest thing in indie music at the moment, Gerry Cinnamon. Most tastes have been catered for by the organisers. Lewis Capaldi, the breakout act of 2019, will woo the crowds on Saturday before making way for one of the UK’s only mainstream grime artists, Stormzy. Rock fans will be pleased to know the iconic Rage Against the Machine are headlining on Friday. There’s a dedicated dance stage, hosting the likes of Hannah Wants, Wilkinson and MK. Slowthai, AJ Tracey and Run the Jewels are the most well known rap artists appearing. This line up has everything. Everything. It’s a masterpiece and it’s not even been painted yet. If you can, go. I have the feeling Leeds Festival 2020 will be one of those ‘I was there’ festivals you can never forget.  

Jonathan Slater

Glastonbury, 24 June – 28 June 

Glastonbury is a staple of the British festival scene and has been so for decades, and this year serves as another example as to why the summer festival scene is unrivalled. I’m most excited about the addition of Lana Del Rey to the line up, as she will surely bring in a younger crowd than some of the other headline acts. Glastonbury this year feels crowd pleasing, which is in no way a bad thing; there won’t be a single person in the crowd who won’t be singing along when Paul McCartney takes the Glastonbury stage (possibly for the last time), as will those who attend Taylor Swift’s Sunday set – definitely not for the last time. In addition, it’s exciting to see bedroom pop acts such as Clairo receive some major attention, as her attendance has also been confirmed in the line-up. When times seem dark, this Glastonbury line up feels like the perfect antidote, warm, inviting and easy.

Gwynnie Naylor

Latitude Festival, 16 July- 19 July

Based in Suffolk, Latitude Festival is the ideal place to spend lazy summer days soaking up the electric atmosphere and some great music. This years’ lineup boasts Haim, Liam Gallagher and The Chemical Brothers as headliners – providing choice for all tastes. Snow Patrol are making a guest appearance for a special Sunday lunchtime performance, one which I imagine will be filled to the brim of dedicated fans. Michael Kiwanuka’s smooth vocals will be filling the fields of Henham Park, an artist I doubt anyone would regret seeing.  Folk band The Lumineers are making an appearance as part of their world tour and will undoubtedly be a crowd favourite. Innovative rock band King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard are performing once again at the festival, a band worth seeing purely for their name. Some lesser-known artists playing over the weekend include Phoebe Bridgers, Chloe Moriondo and City and Colour. As always, Latitude hosts varied and equally hilarious comedians including Bill Bailey, Simon Amstell and Rich Hall to name a few. So, if music isn’t your scene there’s always a good laugh to be had in the comedy tent. Over the years, Latitude has widened its musical acts, enticing younger audiences year by year. It’s definitely one to keep your eye on for top-class music (and good weather!).

Eve Rafferty