Following the success of the award winning Nothing, Barrel Organ are bringing their highly praised, Some People Talk About Violence to the Theatre Delicatessen.

Violence doesn’t only exist in war-zones and blockbuster movies. It is everywhere – in our relationships, in our workplaces, in our political structures – yet it is not always seen. We might not see it, but we feel it. In a world of globalisation and greed, of zero hour contracts and The Big Bang Theory, violence worms its way into every aspect of our lives.

Credit: Barrel Organ
Credit: Barrel Organ

Following their debut show Nothing, multi ­award-winning company Barrel Organ presents Some People Talk About Violence, a show which asks what violence means and what it might look like. Expect people, or just ideas, in mindless frustration, on the edge of some kind of revolt.

Created by the company and with text by Lulu Raczka (Sunday Times Playwriting Award), Some People Talk About Violence tells the story of a family whose lives are defined by the violence around them in an anarchic, unexpected form.

Some People Talk About Violence premiered at Edinburgh Festival 2015 at Summerhall where it was long-listed for an Amnesty International Freedom of Expression Award. Barrel Organ toured the play to Furnace at West Yorkshire Playhouse and Emerge at Warwick Arts Centre. Some People Talk About Violence was developed with the support of Camden People’s Theatre, Warwick Arts Centre and The HUB, Leeds. Some People Talk About Violence is supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.

For tickets visit: http://www.theatredelicatessen.com/whats-on/