The treasured girls from Star Hollow return for the final time with a Gilmore Girls four-part series, checking in almost a decade later, and following the changes through seasonal, short movie-length episodes.

‘Winter’ depicts Rory Gilmore (Alexis Bledel) radiant from her invigorating journalism career, which has her jumping on the next plane before she’s had chance to touch down in Stars Hollow for little more than a day.

Her mother, Lorelai Gilmore (Lauren Graham) appears hazy, mellowed, and somewhat despondent, remaining in Stars Hollow to continue running her own inn. Lorelai’s relationship with her mother, Emily Gilmore (Kelly Bishop), continues on its bumpy path, as they confront challenges both new and old.

Expect the same ever-important, difficult issues of family, trust and friendships to be explored. They are heightened by not only their maturity but also all of the characters who have surrounded them for the past seven seasons.
The feminist vibe continues as both Rory and Lorelai are depicted as stronger than ever; these girls have always known what they want, and how to get it, something that thankfully hasn’t changed.

Fans are given more of this inseparable mother-daughter bond. Inspirationally hard working and independent, the girls are also famously no strangers to vulnerability and honesty in always trying to convey their true feelings. The difficulty in attempting to get the balance right is continually explored, showing that no matter how much the characters have matured, there is always room for growth.
Bledel and Graham retain their trademark witty remarks.

Notably, it’s interesting to see how the characters move through the ages in culture and technology.
There has been some criticism of the supposedly ‘depressing’ ending to the series, but what other than heartache can be expected at the end of this wonderful era that is the Gilmore Girls?

Danielle Martin