Richard Curtis’s About Time follows Tim (Domhnall Gleeson), a 21-year-old looking for love. His hunt for the one starts one summer in sunny Cornwall when Charlotte (Margot Robbie), a friend of his sister Kit Kat (Lydia Wilson), stays with Tim’s family.

The film follows Tim’s journey away from Cornwall to London, where he is based as a lawyer and meets an adorable albeit slightly pathetic Rory (Joshua McGuire) and living with a troubled and cocky playwright (Tom Hollander). His day-to-day life is mundane until an evening with “dodgy Jay” changes his life forever; he meets Mary (Rachel McAdams).

Oh and all the males in his family are able to travel through time, within their own lifetime. Of course.

The film’s title might initially suggest that it revolves around the gift of time. Instead, About Time poses a challenge; a new perspective on the way we could live our lives. How many times do you pass the same street, people, go to the same workplace? How many times do we stop, and look – really look and appreciate what we have? It isn’t about gaining more time, rather about how we use the time given to us.

About Time impressively and stirringly uses wit, tragedy, romance, a wonderful cast, and impossible concepts to illustrate that we each have an extraordinary ordinary life, whereby “we’re all travelling through time together… all we can do is do our best, and to relish this remarkable ride”.

About Time makes you laugh, cry, and invokes the notion that we can all make the world a brighter place.