Calling all musicians and performers! Lost Chord is on the hunt for new teams of musicians wishing to use their talents to make a real difference.

The Yorkshire-based organisation brings the joy of music to people suffering from dementia, and they have put a call out for volunteers to get involved.

Through interactive concerts and music therapy sessions, the charity provides vital stimulation enrichment, which has been shown to improve quality of life for patients. Dementia is an extremely challenging condition that touches families across the world. Without a known cure, projects such as Lost Chord play a crucial role in developing patient well-being.

Lost Chord musicians typically audition and perform in pairs. In Yorkshire, tours include 15 performance sessions over five days, to allow the project to reach out to as many people as possible. Expenses including food, drink and travel allowances will be reimbursed by the charity.

This is a fantastic opportunity for any students with musical ability to challenge themselves and encounter a whole new way of performing. As well as making an impressive addition to any CV, Lost Chord enables volunteers to put their skills to use and help those who are desperately in need.

For more information and to contact the charity, visit their website.

Details for prospective volunteer musicians can be found here.