Santa Clarita Diet is a brand-new Netflix original show, starring Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant.

The pair play a married couple who work together as realtors, and live a quiet life in Santa Clarita, California, with their 15-year-old daughter, Abby.

This funny production quickly turns into a horror-comedy when Sheila (Barrymore) goes through a strange transformation. Whilst showing a couple round a house with Joel (Olyphant), she gets sick. Seriously sick. The entire bathroom covered floor to ceiling in vomit, sick. Basically so sick that she dies… and then becomes undead.

When her husband finds her chowing down on the standard zombie diet (in this case, an annoying colleague), the couple struggles through the standard RomZomCom questions: Does for better or worst mean help your wife satisfy her cravings by helping her kill? How will she continue to get away with murdering people to eat them in such a tight-knit community? Can they keep the harrowing truth a secret from their teenage daughter? And most important of all: is there a cure?

It’s safe to say that Santa Clarita Diet has a bit of a Desperate Housewives feel about it, what with the mysterious goings-on taking place in a small, safe community – white picket fences and all. But there’s also a one-of-a-kind story that can be compared to The Walking Dead, or any other shows that involve zombies.

It’s great to see Drew Barrymore make her comeback, especially in a brand-new Netflix original production, in which she’s actually one of the executive producers. The 10 episodes are fun and witty, with a unique (and slightly disgusting) story that sets the show apart from others.