Once again, that time of the year rolls around when everyone is up to their eyeballs in flash cards and revision notes. You can practically cut the stress lingering around the SU with a knife. However, it’s not all bad news, especially if you are a fan of comedy. If you feel like getting away from exam stress for a few hours and kicking back to some light entertainment, USLES Presents: An evening of light entertainment is the perfect solution to that dilemma. On May 13th, The University of Sheffield’s Light Entertainment Society will team up with Cosplay, The Comedy Revue and The Shrimps in the most ambitious crossover event of the year (step aside Marvel).

Spanning the whole evening with performances until 10:00pm, buying a ticket will allow you to dip in and out of any (or all) of the four shows on offer. The evening begins at 4.40pm, with some stand up and pitch perfect sketches courtesy of the excellent Comedy Revue, followed by a Cosplay Masquerade at 6pm, before The Shrimps take to the stage at 7:20pm with their quick-witted improvised comedy. If all that wasn’t enough, don’t miss the much anticipated finale: USLES’ comedic retelling of the Jules Verne classic Around the World in 80 Days at 8:40pm. It’s an evening that promises to give you one last laugh before you delve deep into final exams. Oh, and did we mention it was for charity? All profits will be donated to the wonderful Mill House Animal Sanctuary.

Taking place in the SU Foundry, tickets can be bought on the door for £6 or, to save yourself a little bit of cash, tickets can be purchased for £5 online: https://su.sheffield.ac.uk/groups/light-entertainment/events/usles-presents-an-evening-of-light-entertainment. So, why not come on down and support your fellow students as they provide some top-notch light entertainment.

Photo credit: Meredith Ashton