Catherine (Cate) O’Brien

Hi, my name is Cate and I want to continue representing you on the board of trustees.

My time at Sheffield has given me great understanding regarding the running of the union. I am familiar with all aspects of the union and have good working relationships with union staff members, from those in Student Groups Support and Volunteering to the technical department. I have also spent the past year sitting on the trustee board, where I am chair of the Nominations Committee. During this time, I have become fully involved in the running of the Students’ Union and have good understanding of both the board and the union. Therefore, I am the perfectly placed to make knowledgeable decisions regarding ideas and suggestions proposed to the trustee board.

I am currently a second year PhD student and have previously completed a 4-year undergraduate degree at the University of Sheffield. During this time, I have greatly appreciated what the union offers all of its students and the dedication of the staff to their individual roles. It is for this reason that I have become deeply involved in the Students’ Union and it has been pivotal in my time at university.

I currently represent all students when faced with decisions about the Students’ Union and will continue this if re-elected for a second term.

Vote for Cate!

SHARE