Hannah Morgan for Activities
Get More Done with Hannah Morgan
Opportunities and Participation:
- Provide a forum for students to advertise their skills to other students or committees offering employment opportunities (e.g. journalists, photographers, videographers, etc).
- Better advertising for the Participation Grant, making more students aware of it and whether they qualify for it.
- Broaden the application period for this grant.
- Encouraging committees to create GIAGs, offering ‘walk-downs’ from residences and the SU.
Societies and Volunteering:
- Creating an online forum for the rent/exchange of equipment between societies to reduce spending and free up funding for other opportunities.
- Encouraging societies and representative committees with similar interests to collaborate for joint events and socials by incentivising meetings between different committees.
- Raising more awareness of the volunteering opportunities available throughout the year to all students.
- Create online year-round training programmes for committee members in addition to the Training Programmes in the SU.
- More training on how committee members can support each other or society members who may be experiencing personal problems (e.g. with home life, money or mental health).
- Making the Room Bookings process clearer and more efficient.
- Putting pressure on the Union to further support committees who are struggling to find spaces/resources, helping them search in the local community if the Union cannot provide them.
- Pole Fitness Society:
- Current President
- Secretary (2016/17)
- Co-organising two ‘Varsity’ events
- Finding suitable new studio after closure of previous space
- Primary School Volunteer
- Third year English Literature
- Avid karaoke fan!