“Jessie for Justice”.
Hi, I’m Jessie and I am a fourth-year student hoping to celebrate diversity and create a more inclusive, representative union for all.
If elected, I will work towards an environment free from discrimination through tackling current issues affecting our female students and pushing for broader equality and liberation.
- ‘Safe’ spaces, for women students from all backgrounds to talk through experiences collectively and promote integration within these groups.
- A push for free sanitary products across union bathrooms – expanding on the already provided sexual health products and services.
- Empowering greater diversity in leadership roles and creating policies to represent all.
- Represent the University in creating strong connections with local women’s charities and other supportive movements such as LGBT and BME programmes.
- Online discussions to raise awareness and understanding surrounding certain topics such as mental health, domestic violence, eating disorders and sexism in society.
- To create greater focus and involvement during awareness weeks and days e.g. ‘Feminist Friday’.
- Help to develop a wider knowledge and use of the support programmes that are already in place, for example the night safety bus and the provision of safety alarms.
I hope, with your support, to represent your views and interests in building a fairer, more equal Student’s Union.