When voting for Sports…“May the MORSE be with you”
I’m Sarah Morse and I’d be delighted to be your next Sports Officer!
I’ve previously been involved with Intra-Mural, Social and Club sport and am currently President of Tennis. These experiences have given me the necessary knowledge, skillsets and qualities required to deliver in this role.
I aim to make sport more ACCESSIBLE for all students by breaking down existing barriers.
- continue #sportforall campaigns to promote participation of under-represented groups and equal opportunities in sport
- defend funding for social sport, Give it a Go and Residence Life subsidies
- increase the number of fitness classes at S10 and ensure varying session times
- create a fairer ticket allocation system for popular ROARs
- campaign for departments to provide alternative seminars/labs other than on Wednesdays and more crucially allow students to swap sessions
- promote, via a Mental Health Campaign, the importance of sport and exercise in providing support networks and managing stress/workloads
- improve communication of existing funding and travel opportunities, including the ‘SU Participation Grant’, ‘Alumni Grant’ and University Car Hire System
- ensure, upon offer acceptance, new students receive a welcome leaflet with key sporting info/contacts and Sports Fair details
- encourage sports trials to be later so people don’t miss out on joining a team
- petition the university for better subsidised travel to training/matches
- develop a strategic plan for a fair and smooth transition from Goodwin to Norton Playing fields which has potential to become a Sport Sheffield hub