Hi, I am Shaw. 🙂
Being the Inclusion officer of ISC, overlooking the welfare of 7000+ students and constant connection with residences as a residence mentor, I have first-hand experiences dealing with students’ welfare. I believe that my experience will allow me to best solve issues based on student interest.
- Aim to work with examination office to ensure students’ mental-health is considered in the planning of exam timetable.
- Feedback system for lecture theatres and study-space for improvement of study environment. Work with the university to create green-space for relaxation and stress-buster event(s).
- Increasing the awareness of support group and work with UHS, Welfare Services, ISC, ISO on creating international students’ support group.
- Work with UHS and Welfare services to initiate a mental-health feedback for university courses.
- Work with Union Events, planning to implement compulsory accessibility plan for those who need special assistance in committees and social event(s).
- Arrangement with University to better accommodate those who require accessibility support.
- Strategize the location of Welfare-services within the union to increase accessibility.
Voices of Student
- Organise a monthly meeting with support/representative committees and a quarterly panel discussion for students to raise welfare issues.
Accommodation and Safety
- Lobby for Accommodation-Commercial-Services to improve the security of university-owned city-accommodation and reduce the accommodation fees.
- Introduce past-tenants review in ‘SmartMove’ website.
- Liaise with education-officer, University and career service to implement an optional workshop in each department for providing skill/information for job application.
- Residence Mentor 2016-18
- Inclusion ISC 2017-18