If you’re reading this manifesto, you’re probably trying to make the right decision. That’s important. The International Office is essential because our University is a small-scale example of how the world should be: somewhere where people from all backgrounds can live, learn and help one another.
As an officer, I want to ensure the University is a home for everyone. We need to better promote integration and support services of all kinds – from mental health to finances and essay writing. I’ve been an SU Councillor and have supported students for two years as a Residence Mentor. I’ve volunteered with education, organised campus events and, along the way, I’ve made friends with people from all over the world. I know this University from the inside, and I know how to get things done.
* ‘Buddy Programme’ – Pairing up Home and International students to help each other.
* Strengthen the International Committee and Societies – Let’s make the food/music festivals bigger!
* International Silent Disco – SU night-out with your favourite international hits!
* Extend University membership through the summer after graduation – you should have more time to use facilities and save your work.
* And many more: voteforiuri.wixsite.com/international
In an age when hate and fear are on the rise, it’s crucial to show the world we can all live in peace. This vote isn’t just for me, it’s for you. No matter where you’re from, you should feel at home here.