by Niall O’Callaghan | @nocalla_

Welcome to the Forge Press Officer elections daily roundups, where we will take you through all the daily happenings during the election period. 

The 28 candidates standing were announced this morning. It has been a bumper year for the International Students’ Officer nominations, with 7 candidates putting their name forward for the nearly £20,000 a year job. Contrastingly, just one person has put their name forward for the Womens’ Officer role.

It has been a good start for Activities’ Officer candidate Joel Kirk who has received two society endorsements on the first day, which is permitted under the new rules. Both JSoc (Jewish Society) and Friends of Irise have given their endorsements to him.

The other Activities’ Officer candidates Liam Holister and Simon Alford are proposing policies such as liaising with a different society each week to address their problems and organising a university wide calendar with societies events to encourage participation respectively. 

This week will be campaigning only with the vote opening next Monday 9 March and closing Wednesday 11 March. The results will be announced at a ceremony in Foundry on Thursday 12 March and Forge Press will be working through the night to bring you the latest coverage in Issue 143 on Friday 13 March.

Daily roundups will be a daily occurrence throughout the election periods so if you have heard any stories from the elections, have something to say or have given or received an endorsement, please get in contact with us at: elections@forgetoday.com

You can keep up to date with all the latest news at www.forgetoday.com 

SHARE