Voting closes in

Sports Officer Interviews: Millie Behrens

Millie Behrens running for Sports Officer talking about her main policies #knowyourvote

A post shared by Forge Radio (@forgeradio) on

Millie Behren’s Manifesto:

I’m Millie and I’d love to be your new Sports Officer. I’ve been involved in sport throughout my university life, from participating and running social sport sessions, to playing in two intramural teams, and being club captain of women’s cricket for two years running.

My policies:

Publicity

• I want to push to make sure all sport, not just BUCS/Varsity, is shouted about year-round, the clubs under Sport Sheffield do amazing things that often go under the radar but I want to make sure this doesn’t happen in future

Development

• I came to cricket having never before played competitively but often without BUCS matches for development teams within clubs, competitive games are lacking
  • I want to make sure opportunities exist for development players to compete against other universities across all sports

Inclusions

• I want to make sure everyone feels able to try new sports by continuing to promote inclusion within sport
  • To help break down people’s barriers to joining sport and dispel the misconceptions people hold about university sport
  • And to promote mental health awareness and wellbeing through keeping active

Community

• Through sport we can make a difference to the community, I want to encourage stronger links between sport and the community by facilitating volunteering and helping people to get coaching qualifications

Kit

• Currently different teams wear different brands of kit, I want to continue to look into the prospect of a reliable universal kit supplier/sponsor to ensure we don’t just feel like a team but look like one too