Gok’s got specs appeal

Not content with dressing the nation, hosting TV shows, writing books and being every girl’s best friend, Gok Wan has now launched his own range of glasses.

GW by Gok Wan is a 30-piece collection of vintage-inspired frames, exclusive to Specsavers.

Having worked as a style adviser for Specsavers for four years, Gok, who is known for his trademark black specs, was able to design the entire range himself.

In fact, he designed nearly 400 styles for the collection before whittling it down to the final 30.

The style guru has proved there is no end to his talents as the collection is packed with statement pieces guaranteed to grab your attention.

The large lenses and minimal branding make the glasses look expensive and the retro designs scream high fashion. There are also many colours you don’t usually see on frames such as ivory, navy and honey brown.

The collection, which features frames for both men and women, hosts a huge range of shapes from John Lennon-inspired circles to glamorous cat-eyes and deep squares channelling art-deco design.

Gok’s debut collection is all about making glasses fashionable, as a central part of an outfit rather than a boring necessity.

And the best part is it comes at a student-friendly price.

Frames cost £99 and that includes Pentax standard single vision lenses with a scratch-resistant coating. Even better, the whole range comes under Specsavers 2 for 1 offer!

Head down to your nearest Specsavers to see the collection for yourself or use Gok’s Fabulous Frame Finder on Specsavers’ Facebook page to digitally try on glasses from the GW collection.

Spectacles just got sexy.