Is dressing and impressing for a date in our English summer weather an impossible task?

For the many of you who are soon going on a much anticipated date this summer, and are concerned about an outfit suitable for rain, shine, and removal, fear not. Below holds the answers for both genders on the perfect outerwear.

Pre-date nerves have got you trying to retain your excitement, and your imagination is getting up to no good when it comes to thinking about how gorgeous your potential other half is going to be. But what about you? How are you going dress to impress in an English summer which can’t decide what weather it wants to dole out? The answer is blazers. They are your friend no matter what season it is.

First, let’s deal with the girls. There are many different date situations, and we have to dress to impress whilst also thinking about practicality.

If it’s an outdoors date which doesn’t involve any mess, then a summery dress is always a winner. Of course, you’ve got the issue of the unpredictable English weather which is where outerwear comes in.
Blazers are always fashionable, and not only do they make you look slick, sophisticated and feminine, but there’s a whole range to choose from in today’s high-street stores.

Cardigans are also great to have at hand, and they don’t have to be ‘boring’ or dull. You can choose from patterned to plain ones and they are compatible with an array of outfits. Oversized cardigans are currently in fashion too and look effortlessly cool, especially with a pair of cute denim shorts and accessories.

Shorts and blazers are also a match made in heaven, and give off an edgy vibe, particularly when accompanied with a pair of pretty, but sensible, heels or sandals.  If there’s potential for a cold breeze or rain, then wearing tights with shorts is always an option – but where possible ditch the tights and embrace your legs (fake tan also optional…)

For the men, one word, blazers (again). They’re not confined to the workplace or the schoolyard. In fact, a blazer combined with a simple t-shirt can go a long way, and is the perfect combination of casual and stylish.

If you’re not feeling the blazer style, then a well-fitted jacket is also a fashionable option when there’s a possibility of cold weather.  In particular, a man who can confidently pull off a leather jacket receives a second glance from any lady! Combined with either a smart or casual shirt, a pair of straight-cut jeans and trainers and you’re good to go.

Guys also shouldn’t be afraid of cardigans. A man who can wear a ‘grandpa cardi,’ oozes confidence and is hugely attractive as long as he updates the look, for example with well-styled hair.

So that is how you deal with our well-loved English summer. Having a stylish cardigan or blazer hanging off your arm is an easy way to keep cool without being too physically cold for your lucky date.