The University of Sheffield Brass Band will hold their exciting Christmas concert on the 2nd of December, starting at 8pm in St Mark’s Church, Broomhill, just up from the Hallamshire Hospital on Glossop Road.

Entitled ‘The Magic of the Movies at Christmas’, the concert promises to be their best ever. It will include exciting scores from the big screen such as Jurassic Park, Star Wars and James Bond, as well as classic Christmas favourites. Come down to have a sing-along, get into the Christmas spirit and enjoy a sensational selection of music.

Newly appointed Musical Director Lee Dunkley, has compiled a quality programme that shows off the band’s fantastic sound. It will highlight the talents of their award-winning soloists, including principal horn player from the National Youth Brass Band, Ellen Quane, who will perform an outstanding rendition of ‘Over The Rainbow’, from The Wizard of Oz.

screen-shot-2016-11-24-at-23-12-48

President, and B flat bass player in the band, James Whitehead said: ’I’m really proud of how the band has progressed since it was founded and we’d love to share that with you. Tickets are only £5 and for that you get to sit back and listen to some brilliant film music and Christmas loveliness.’

If the musical calibre of the concert isn’t enough to draw you in, the raffle prizes certainly should: available to win is a gift pack of Bradfield Beers, a litre bottle of Bells Whisky, a carvery meal for two, and a bottle of Glenmorangie single malt.

So come along to support your University’s only brass band for an evening of fantastically festive entertainment.

Tickets £5 on the door.
Postcode: S10 2SE

For more information, please visit the Facebook event.