Forge Music have made a list of some artists we reckon it’s worth keeping an eye on in 2017…

Japanese House

Japanese House is actually Amber Bain. Her debut EP ‘Pools to Bathe In’ was produced by Matty Healy and George Daniel of the 1975. The synthesised pop sounds of her music mean that she has only recently started performing live. Her new single ‘Face Like Thunder’ was released in 2016 and she has been listed as one to watch in 2017.

For Fans of: The XX, Tame Impala

Fun Fact: The name Japanese House is from a holiday home Amber stayed in that was actually Kate Winslett’s house

A J Tracey

AJ Tracey has been rapping since the age of 6, inspired by his father and mother who was a rapper and pirate radio DJ respectively. His first official release was in 2015 and included lyrics about his lifestyle, Pokemon and relationships, and is set to released his last album in December 2016, Lil Tracey.

For Fans of: Stormzy, Jme

Fun Fact: He used to be known under the name Looney, but changed in 2014 to AJ Tracey

Tom Grennan

You’ve probably already heard Tom Grennan, as he featured on Chase and Status’ track ‘When It All Goes Wrong’. Already having had a Hottest Record on Annie Mac’s Radio 1 Show and using the same producer as Florence and the Machine and the Maccabees, Grenan has had a promising start to the start of his music career, considering he is only 20.

For Fans of: Paolo Nutini, Damien Rice

Fun Fact: He has a degree in Drama and Physical Theatre

Will Joseph Cook

19 year old singer-songwriter from Kent has been tipped as one to watch over the coming year. His upbeat, pop-infused music is misleading, as his lyrics often have a lot more depth to them than it can initially seem. As well as touring the UK at the start of 2017, Will is already listed on The Great Escape and Secret Garden Party line ups and is tipped to be appearing at even more festivals this summer.

For fans of: Dan Croll, Walk the Moon

Fun Fact: The video to ‘Girls Like Me’ is of Will speed dating himself as various characters

Ray BLK

Already having won best Newcomer at the MOBO awards, Ray BLK has also won BBC Sound of 2017, previously won by Jack Garratt and Years and Years, meaning she will be supported by BBC and particularly Radio 1 throughout 2017. Her music has been described as ‘soulful RnB vibes and real rhymes’ and will almost certainly be appearing in the charts this year.

For Fans of: Izzy Bizu, Mura Massa

Fun Fact: BLK stands for Building, Living, Knowing which are the three values Ray tries to promote through music

The Amazons

Radio 1, NME and The Independent have all tipped The Amazons as a band to watch this year. Performing at BBC’s Future Festival later this month, the band certainly have some influential names behind them. The band are currently touring Europe before returning to the UK and will undoubtedly return to the festival circuit this summer after performing at Kendal Calling and Reading Festival.

For Fans of: Catfish and the Bottlemen, Nothing But Thieves

Fun Fact: Although The Amazons was the first name the band thought of, they performed under loads of names until they eventually settled.