California Love came to The Harley on Thursday 30th March showcasing to Sheffield the best of the 90s West Coast.

After coming to Sheffield in September 2016, Applebum has established itself in the Steel City, regularly selling out its events and expanding into Nottingham and Manchester.

The venue, The Harley, certainly added to the event. The intimacy of the venue helped created such a fun atmosphere for the night, with the mixture between the dancefloor and seating area creating a more relaxed vibe than there would be in other clubs in town. It also meant there was more space in the venue, which set the event apart from other nights. Only being able to offer a smaller capacity The Harley created an intimate setting, and even when at the back of the crowd you weren’t too far from the stage.

Playing a variety of old and new music, there was something for all of the crowd. And the fact that by the end of the night the venue and dancefloor were still relatively full is a credit to the event. Playing remixes of old and new music offered a fresh take on some well known favourites: Snoop Dog, 2 Pac and Ice Cube to name a few.

Set to return on 24th April, tickets are already on sale and judging by the success of the previous events and the rate that tickets have sold out, it is likely the same will apply again.