Day two of Tramlines brought considerably less rain but no less enthusiasm from the Sheffield crowd.

Reverend and the Makers started things for Forge Press this Saturday evening. The Sheffield outlet took to the Main Stage at 5.30pm, playing a career-spanning set, including big hits ‘Heavyweight Champion of the World’ and ‘Bassline’ which really got the crowd jumping. “Thank you Tramlines, you’ve been the best crowd we’ve ever played to” said the Reverend, John McClure before they launched into their last song ‘Silence is Talking”.

Blossoms was next for the Forge Team. The Stockport band weresub headlining the main stage, just before their old touring partner Noel Gallagher and his High Flying Birds.

Blossoms kicked off with the leading track off their eponymous debut album, ‘At Most a Kiss’, and followed with a flurry of songs off their synth inspired 2018 follow up ‘Cool Like You’.

Some of the Forge Press team then popped backstage for a chat with Blossoms and Reverend and the Makers, and spirits were high among the bands.The Rev told us he was more excited for Noel than his set, and Blossoms even offered one of our team a Stella.

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds were last to take to the main stage, rivalling pop band Clean Bandit who were playing T’Other Stage.

The High Flying Birds played their original songs to start their set, including ‘Heat of the Moment’ and ‘Holy Mountain’ off their latest album. However, any Oasis fans were not left disappointed, as Noel finished his set with a number of his old band’s hits, including ‘Wonderwall’ and ‘Don’t Look Back in Anger’. His rendition of the former even rivalled Liam’s own version of the classic track.

An unconventional end to the set saw Noel covering The Beatles’ ‘All You Need Is Love’ before the crowds dispersed at the end of another fine day at Hillsborough Park.

We may just have one day left of Tramlines 2018 to enjoy, but it promises to be a good one, boasting a fantastic lineup including the Sherlocks, Pale Waves and Craig David’s TS5.