Sunday, the last day of the tenth anniversary of Tramlines festival. Things kicked off for Forge Press with local lads The Sherlocks.

Having played Tramlines nearly every year since they formed, having an afternoon set on this year’s larger Main Stage must have been a special moment for the band.

In classic British fashion, it was now too hot. There didn’t seem to be as much much movement from the crowd at first, the combination of hangovers and heat not being the most ideal situation for crowd participation.

Despite this, Spring King, playing the Leadmill Live stage after their triumphant set last year, encouraged all the mosh pits they could fit in. “If you’ve got mates who are going to let you on their shoulders, this song probably isn’t the one to do it to”, frontman Tarek warned before launching into new song ‘Animal’.

Headlining the Leadmill Live stage, in a day of music curated by the Reverend and the Makers’ Jon McClure, was Tom Grennan. Despite clashing with both Craig David’s TS5 on the Main Stage and Jake Bugg on T’Other Stage, Grennan drew in an impressive crowd to round off the festival.

Fresh from releasing his debut album a fortnight ago, he took to the stage with all the swagger you would expect fro. Complaining about the heat due to him wearing a knitted shirt, one person in the crowd threw up a Sheffield Wednesday shirt. After much deliberation, he decided to put it on for Jon McClure, only to swiftly take it off and settle for the sweat.

As Grennan finished his set and the sun went down for a final time over Tramlines 2018, thousands of fans left Hillsborough Park hoping for more of the same next year.