Introducing Sheffield – Starlings

Slightly more under the radar than yesterday’s choice, but by no means any less talented, Starlings play darkly energetic, guitar friendly synth pop.

Tipped by the likes of Q who listed their second single ‘Sirens’ as track of the day on their website earlier this year. “Starlings continue the ’80s tradition of their hometown, minus the questionable dress-sense, with a penchant for pulsating pop melodies.”

Since the bands birth back in “the spring of 2009, to provide a rhythmical release from the humdrum offerings of the daily grind,” Starlings have played shows across Sheffield and much of the UK. Playing at Tramlines a couple of times, Ben and Jerry’s Summer Sundae Festival and have supported some great acts, including Bloc Party’s Kele Okereke when he headlined Plug whilst touring The Boxer.

S T A R L I N G S – WEIGHT IN GOLD (SINGLE & REMIXES) by S T A R L I N G S

You can catch them at SOYO live on the 26th of September and the at the Forum on the 19th of October.

Oh and before we forget, we know students like free stuff, so download these remixes of ‘Sirens’

More Starlings stuff.

Yesterday – The Crookes