Now Playing: 09/08/12

Kisses

With the abundance of new releases each week it can difficult to sift through the shit in search of the gold, so Fuse has handpicked some of the musical highlights for you.

So to start off with is a new track from LA boy-girl duo Kisses who have been off the radar for a really long time since the release of their debut The Heart of the Nightlife back in 2010. New single ‘Funny Heartbeat’ is much of the same electronic indie-pop that featured on their debut, which makes us wonder why its taken them so long. Nevertheless, the track is definitely a feel good summer tune and its good to hear that they’ve kept their nostalgic 80s sound that made them stand out from other indie-pop bands out there.

This week we received in our inbox the new track from The Fresh & Onlys, taken from their forthcoming album Long Slow Dance which is released on September 4. The track ‘Presence of Mind’ has a relaxed summer feel to it similar to the track from Kisses, however the vocals are deep and sombre bringing a different sound entirely. We can’t wait to hear the album.

We have been anticipating a new album from Two Door Cinema Club for along time now and finally the release of Beacon is almost here. The first single to be taken from it ‘Sleep Alone’ isn’t a real change from anything they’ve done before but it will please fans and shows them doing what they do best; indie rock that really gets in your head. The new video for the song is worth a look too, check it out here.

Toro Y Moi

We couldn’t contain our excitement when we heard that synthpop wizard Chazwick Bundick, better known as Toro Y Moi had performed five new tracks at Lollapalooza festival. One of those tracks ‘Rose Quartz’ you can watch here and sounds really promising. It shows Bundicks more upbeat and funkier sound which steers away quite a lot from the dreamy, chilled out tracks on his first album. The recurring lyric ‘I feel weak’ and synthetic beat are so memorable and you can’t help but bop your head along. We hope this means that he will be releasing an album sooner rather than later.

Mumford & Sons are back with their new song ‘I Will Wait’ from second album Babel out September 24 and it is pretty much exactly how you’d expect it to sound. They have certainly stayed loyal to their distinctive and unique folk sound and the second round of the chorus is particularly powerful. Fans of Mumford are unlikely to be disappointed and we at Fuse feel that this album will be just as successful as the last.

Finally, we have to mention the new track from Wild Nothing ‘Paradise’. Jack Tatum’s vocals are so effective on this track, their deep and rich tone complementing his dream pop style so well. You can read Coral Williamsons review of his new album Nocturne here and head over to Pitchfork now to listen to ‘Paradise’ and download it for free.