The next artist lead exhibition to take place at Exchange Place Studios is the Karen Davies curated, ‘Presence of Colour’ which runs from the 16th-25th September 2016.

The ‘Presence of colour’ is an exciting and diverse exhibition bringing together sixteen artists’ personal reflections on the use of colour in their artistic practice. There will be works presented in a range of forms from paintings to jewellery and ceramics.

Exchange Place Studios is situated in the Castlegate area of Sheffield City Centre, with more than 60 studios spaces and is run by Yorkshire Artspace, whose studios are located across three sites in Sheffield; Persistence Works, Exchange Place and Manor Oaks.

The studio holders at Exchange Place have use of a bookable project space which has resulted in a series of exciting artist led group exhibitions run by different individuals such as Gill Alderson’s ‘The Beast Within’ which ran from the 30th April-8th May 2016. Another exhibition entitled, ‘Unity’ celebrated togetherness following the recent EU Referendum vote, featuring work by 50 artists from around the UK and curated by Sharon Mossbeck and Michael Borkowsky.

These exhibitions showcase what can be done within a creativity community and how varied and interesting artist led exhibitions are.

Opening Saturday the 17th September to Sunday 25th 2016 11am – 4pm. Open night 16th September Friday 7-9pm