Students were left “angry and annoyed” after queuing for hours hoping for tickets to the largest sports event of the year, Varsity Ice Hockey.

Whilst a large number of students managed to get their hands on tickets for the Varsity final event, many students found that after hours queuing of hours, tickets had sold out.

Sam Koster, third year Journalism student, told Forge Press mid-way through the queuing process: “This is the worst day of my life. I hate myself more than I’ve ever hated myself. I’ve been waiting an hour and a half. The Ice Hockey is the pinnacle of Varsity and I need to be there.”

Determined Journalism student Lewis Catchpole said: “We’ve queued for this long, I’m fucking sticking it out.”

Sam and Lewis woke up two hours earlier than usual and started queueing at 9:45am yesterday for the coveted tickets but when they eventually got to the ticket booth, they were told the only chance left for tickets was via an email competition.

Students were seen playing the popular boredom-killing phone app Heads Up in the queue to pass the time.

The queue started outside the SU on the Concourse and snaked its way through the East Entrance all the way through the corridors and staircases up past the Santander bank and round to the Box Office.

On the fast ticket sell-out, Michael Kind, SU Development Officer, said: “We’re happy that once more Varsity Ice Hockey has proved so popular. We review the ticket process every year, and are conscious that there are issues with the queue system, but currently prefer it to say an online sale, where students would have less of a time window to collect a ticket, and therefore more chance of missing out.”

Even with Ice Hockey tickets being sold out there are still tickets available for other Varsity events.