The University of Sheffield Darts Society have released a full statement following the recent “Dartsity” match against Hallam, which was abandoned midway through due to outbreaks of violence in the crowd.

The statement began by thanking all of those involved in organising, staffing and covering the event including the security and cleaning staff who worked on the night as well as those who “behaved responsibly” in the audience.

They went on to strongly condemn the actions of those who chose to “ruin the event” describing them as a “minority”, stating: “As a society we have strived to shed the negative image of darts, and make the sport something everyone can enjoy.”

The society continued, “the people who brought the night to an early end will not feel any remorse for their actions… the ones who suffer are us.”

The statement also reminded the public that this was a fundraiser for Roundabout, a charity aimed at helping young homeless people in Sheffield.

“This event was meant to be some much needed publicity for them, but that good deed went unnoticed amongst the violence. We will raising money for an additional donation on top of the money we did money we did manage to raise by way of an apology.”

The society hope that the event will return next year, despite this year’s violent conclusion, “Dartsity has been a long-held dream of ours, and though last night it felt as thought the dream has died, we will come back and try to host Dartsity 2018… The issues that ruined Dartsity 2017 do not reflect the Darts Society.”

Read more about the event here or follow @forgesport for coverage of the event as it happened.

2 COMMENTS

1. … [Trackback]

[…] Read More on|Read More|Read More Infos here|There you will find 14834 additional Infos|Infos to that Topic: forgetoday.com/press/university-of-sheffield-darts-society-release-statement-following-dartsity-cancellation/ […]

2. … [Trackback]

[…] Find More here|Find More|Find More Infos here|There you will find 53943 additional Infos|Infos on that Topic: forgetoday.com/press/university-of-sheffield-darts-society-release-statement-following-dartsity-cancellation/ […]