On November 8th SUTCO and SUPAS came together again for the 6th year alongside Platform society to raise money for Sheffield’s own Cavendish Cancer Care.

The two societies stepped outside of their comfort zones, writing scripts for each other with only one day to prepare for their performances, all in the name of charity.

The event successfully raised £137.40 for Cavendish Cancer Care, who apart from some limited government funding enough for two weeks care, relies solely on fundraising efforts.

The event is headed by Platform society, who collaborate with other societies to raise money for Cavendish Cancer Care. They organise around 4 mini events like the SUTCO/SUPAS swap over a semester as well as holding a 3-day festival in March. Last year they raised nearly £4500 for Cavendish Cancer Care, which supports both those suffering with cancer and their loved ones.

Jessie Romain, President of Platform said of the yearly swap over, “There is typically a lot of light mockery of each other and it’s a great laugh!”

Beth Dawson, Show Publicist at SUTCO, described the event as “a chance to make fun of both our own societies, whilst integrating things from past shows – both our own productions and stuff that you would find on The West End or Broadway – with the occasional nod to a Disney film or two”

She went on to joke, “I have to say my rendition of Mulan’s ‘I’ll make a man out of you’ featuring a kid’s scooter was really a sight to behold.”

For more information on upcoming events or how to get involved check out the Facebook pages for Platform, SUTCO and SUPAS.