Tramlines’ co-founder and director Sarah Nulty is to be honored with an ‘Outstanding Contribution to Festivals’ award.

Ben The UK Festival Awards announced they will pay tribute to Nulty at their annual ceremony in December at the Troxy in London.

This award is thought of the highest distinction for anyone working in the festival industry in the UK. Past winners include Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis, founder of Bestival Rob Da Bank and Green Man’s Fiona Stewart.

Nulty passed away at the age of 36, just weeks before Tramlines 10th Edition this year.

A Sheffield legend

Timm Cleasby unveils the new plaque for the late Sarah Nulty in October. Picture: Marc Barker

She moved to Sheffield in 1999 to study at Sheffield Hallam University and is considered a key figure of the city’s cultural scene for her contribution as co-founder and Director of the festival.

Her influence was given a huge role in the festival this year, with people celebrating her using the phrase ‘Be More Nulty’. It has been adorned on t-shirts worn with pride by the likes of Lord Mayor Magid Magid and Reverend and the Makers lead singer Jon McClure.

Honouring a profound legacy

Lord Mayor Magid Magid also paid tribute to Sarah Nulty, as a plaque was unveiled in October. Picture: Marc Barker

Nulty was similarly awarded earlier this month by the Association of Independent Festivals at the Independent Festival Awards organised in Sheffield. She also received the Civic Award by the Lord Mayor of Sheffield Magid Magid.

Tramlines Operations Director Timm Cleasby said: “We are all so proud that Sarah has received this hugely deserved award.

“To be recognised by the UK Festival Awards for her work, drive and determination is a true honour to her memory and to the legacy she’s left behind in Tramlines.”