BREAKING: NUS conference suspended due to lack of delegates

The NUS conference at Sheffield City Hall was suspended this morning, as not enough delegates turned up.

A vote which was due to begin at 9.30am was halted as the conference was not quorate.

A spokesmen from NUS told Forge Press : “The conference needs 200 delegates to begin votes on the conference floor. There were not this number, so the conference was postponed for 30 minutes.”

Approximately 700 delegates are attending the conference in Sheffield this week, which finishes today. 

This means that up to 70 per cent of delegates did not arrive at the conference floor this morning.

This follows an after-party held at University of Sheffield Students’ Union last night.

When asked why many delegates did not arrive, Activities’ Officer, Nabil Alizai said: “Because Sheffield Students’ Union hosted a fantastic last night of conference party. And everyone is knackered. They should have all been here though.”

UPDATE: The conference has now begun again, as over 200 delegates are on the conference floor.